Sunday 13 February 2011

Egypt

Egypt is a country I hold dear to my heart, I have travelled there many times and I enjoyed every visit immensly. I also hold Arabs very dear to my heart and pray that they would see Jesus the way we Christians see Him and that they would receive Him as their personal saviour.

I was so pleased to hear about the latest developments in the news and hope that a better future would be forged for them. I have seen the poverty in Cairo first hand and it is shocking to say the least.

I will continue to pray for Egypt that the people would elect a leader who cares about them and not his own personal gain. That the leader of Egypt would be fair and just. That he will do all in his power to minimise poverty and to give Egyptains a positive future.
I pray that God would touch this nation and that He would shine His light on its people.

Here is a headline I heard today: "9 years in Afghanistan, 7 years in Iraq and we are still there trying to bring about "democracy" ... guess what, 2 and 1/2 weeks of protests in Egypt changed history. War is no solution. Congrats Egypt."

No comments: