Thursday, 17 February 2011

adoption update

For those of you who know what is going on with the continual pursuit of Nathanial's adoption, well I got a phone call from the Home Office.

To make a long story short we were going to return to Uganda end of April 2010 to live so that I could pursue his adoption there, however middle of April Nathanial was rushed to hospital with organ failure. He was on hospital 3 weeks. So that delayed our return. I applied for leave to remain as his current visa had ran out, in the meantime he is able to legally remain in the UK. So that was in April 2010. So it is now February 2011, I got a phonecall saying that I was to fill out a new form and pay extra money since the application fees for his visa had gone up! I was none to impressed with this, and made that quite clear - why should I have to pay extra when I started this 10months ago?! Anyway, I don't qualify for a waiver in fees! So we really aren't moving forward at the moment in regards to Nathanial's adoption.

However, we can stay here until we hear back from the border agency.

I trust that all this will work out according to God's will and in his timing. I take comfort in that and I can find peace in that! I know that adopting Nathanial, is God's will for me and for Nathanial, so of course He will see us through that process no matter how long it takes and no matter how many hiccups we have along the way!

Thank you God!

No comments: