Monday 11 February 2008

where things stand at the mo

I guess that for now I am looking at doing a homestudy (which can cost anywhere between £3000 - £6000) plus I have to have a permament residence, which I dont. Even if I did have all those things there is no saying whether they would qualify me as a 'suitable' adoptive parent. How can I be expected to have a permanent residence and a job in the uk anyway if I am going to live in Uganda for 3 years?
Apparantly the homestudy is valid for 2 years, however the adoption in Uganda will take 3 years to finalise.
No-one is able to tell me whether I can bring Nathanial back to the UK on legal guardianship and finalise adoption in the UK. I don't mind having to live in Uganda for 3 years as long as I can come home on holiday preferably with my child. Can I bring Nathanial back to the UK as a holiday on legal guardianship? No-one knows.
If I leave the UK in July complete the adoption in 3 years and try to bring Nathanial back to the UK will I have put myself in an illegal position by not first going through the dfes? But in order to not put myself in an illegal position I would have to do a homestudy.
I could declare myself no longer habitually resident in the UK, but obviously that would mean seeking legal advice, would it also mean that I can no longer live in the UK?

NO-ONE SAID THIS WAS GOING TO BE EASY!!!

No comments: