Friday 27 June 2008

Last day at work!






I'm one of those lucky people who has been able to have a job that they really enjoy doing - I know that not everyone enjoys doing what they do - but I am fortunate enough to have done. Some days were hard - especially at the beginning, and I really couldn't drag myself out of bed!
I've worked at Loughborough Campus nursery over 3 years now (I think), although I started there doing a placement for my childcare course. I was told that the nursery had a really good reputation, my friend was offered a job there, and I thought that there was no way that they would offer me a job! I was wrong of course - they did offer me a job, and that's where I have been ever since. It would be easy to leave if I didn't enjoy my job - and if the people weren't all so great.

I believe that God has a plan for each of our lives - and knowing that makes leaving easier. I have a peace in me as I leave this place - because I know that it is His plan for me. It was His plan for me to get a job at Loughborough Campus Nursery, to go to Uganda the first time for 3 weeks, then to be offered the opportunity to take 6 months from work to go back, then be there to see Nathanial arrive and to bond with him. All of these things in hindsight all fit together so well! Its not a coincidence - its Gods timely plan.

I will be sad. There are lots of things that I will miss: the people, the friendships I've made, the confidence I've gained, and of course the money!

I probably will blubber like a baby, but my heart is at peace.

1 comment:

hillyb said...

God bless you Isabelle - like you say - its all in his plan, therefore its the best - just the next step on the way - bon voyage, bon courage - and love to Nathaniel!